Borderline London November 30th

04 Jun 2013 15:29

http://www.ticketweb.co.uk/event/66329? ... borderline

Re: Borderline London November 30th

04 Jun 2013 20:20

Get in!

04 Jun 2013 20:36

Love it ! .... Always love the Borderline .

05 Jun 2013 07:56

Top stuff! Cheers for the heads up Steve.
Tickets, babysitter and stomach pumps already booked! :D

06 Jun 2013 23:02

Henry Chinaski wrote:Top stuff! Cheers for the heads up Steve.
Tickets, babysitter and stomach pumps already booked! :D

Luminaire reunion ! Looking forward to this one...might grab some new corduroy britches when im over through. I hear the London fashion scene is 17 years ahead of Ireland :-)

07 Jun 2013 07:52

That sounds like a plan Sig. You are right about the London fashion scene though. Necklines to the waist indeed... I'll be the one in the scoopneck t-shirt.

22 Jun 2013 01:37

My pal and I were looking for a reason to go to London in the autumn and now we have one....woo hoo!!!! I really really really hope that there'll be at least one song from Beauty Becomes More than Life!!! Just one..It really is the perfect album :-)

08 Aug 2013 22:53

Lovely - got my tix now :)

09 Aug 2013 21:27

Tickets procured! See you there!

12 Aug 2013 21:26

Sig wrote:Luminaire reunion ! Looking forward to this one...might grab some new corduroy britches when im over through. I hear the London fashion scene is 17 years ahead of Ireland :-)

Oh I dunno Sig, I think the whole of the UK appears to be going through some 80s revival atm, it's quite frightening and I swear there are times I feel like I've stepped back in time!! Side ponytails, rat-tails, mullets, tramlines/shaved patterns, fluorescent socks and jellybean sandals ... Just a few of the things I've seen 'styled' the last few months.

Sadly, no can do this gig for me, as much I'd like to guarantee seeing the boys this year and catching up with you lot as well. Given the choice of visiting London for this and visiting Cork as a pre-birthday treat... I'm choosing Cork! :P

20 Aug 2013 22:22

Myself and a buddy are traveling for this gig.
Got the pass, flights and tickets booked. Haven't seen a gig in ages and haven't had a night in London in too long.

Spurs v Man U that afternoon if anyone has contact for tickets!

12 Sep 2013 17:38

Jim Bob has scheduled a gig in London on the same night.
I'm a huge fan of Carter and his solo stuff but he's mad if he thinks I'm blowing out the Franks to see him!

12 Sep 2013 19:37

Hoping to get to this one, any ideas on hotels???

12 Sep 2013 20:05

Strange Jimbo playing the same night Thought he and the Franks were mates and would play on same bill?

14 Sep 2013 19:25

daisychain wrote:Hoping to get to this one, any ideas on hotels???

Mate and I stayed at the Travelodge in finance district a few years ago as it was decent price for a weekend night. Dunno what it's likely to be like now... but worth looking into. I'd not bother with 'Charlies' in/around Kentish Town... bit basic really!!

15 Nov 2013 14:09

Couple of videos from when the Franks were last at The Borderline in March 2012:

Fast Anthony: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1JsHuEv524
Walters Trip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zu4CBU7kZ3Q

That should get us in the mood!

20 Nov 2013 22:21

As the build up to the London gig continues I thought I'd have a stab at a potential set list! Largely based on the recent Cobh gig but with a few twists! Any advances on this?? Better make sure the support bands don't overrun, need to squeeze in about 18 classics!

Trust in the future
That's Life
Tony Cochrane / Fast Anthony
Fashion Crisis
Plenty Times
Indie Love song
Each Tree
How can i Exist
If I Known
The Model
Walters Trip
The Parson
After All
Colours
This is not song

Song for a future love
Time we said Goodnight

Funky

Phew!

22 Nov 2013 00:54

Hi Robbie

That would do nicely,
I would just like to squeeze in John & Sue, and play That's Life and If I known together
That was done a lot last year without stopping between the two songs,and It is amazing , very unusual for the franks !!!

22 Nov 2013 23:20

Does anyone know how well the show selling,Can we pay on the door.?
I be coming a fair distance.

23 Nov 2013 10:35

Herman, I would buy in advance, Franks gigs at the borderline usually sell out!