King Tuts, Glasgow, March 8th

Re: King Tuts, Glasgow, March 8th

06 Mar 2013 23:33

Wow! a friend of mine will be jealous about that, she desperately wanted them to play FCM at the Leeds gig supporting Carter!
... But unsure about Paul being topless though ! Guess he must have been hot from all that jumping around :lol:

I actually might get round to taking a couple of vids this time around, haven't done so yet at any of the gigs I have seen!

08 Mar 2013 12:03

Any info on stage times for tonight? I may have to dash for the last train back to Edinburgh.

08 Mar 2013 14:43

duerson wrote:Any info on stage times for tonight? I may have to dash for the last train back to Edinburgh.

Tut's gigs usually finish around 11:30pm, depends what time the support goes on I guess. This is why I've a friends who can't make Tut's gigs without missing the end, cuz their last train leaves around 11:30 to Falkirk.

I'd try tweeting Cian at the Frank's address and see if they get chance to reply and let people know later?

Last train's suck, especially when they're before midnight! Mine's at 12:15 at least, but I'm stopping up Glasgow tonight.

Hours to go! :D

08 Mar 2013 16:32

Struggling myself a bit now . May have to drive but did consider taxi if anyone is interested heading back to falkirk / Edinburgh way !????? ..... As quite fancied a drink or two !

08 Mar 2013 21:15

Good news fellow central belt residents. There is a train back from Glasgow central at 12.06am. Should allow me to see most of the gig. Was hoping to stay with my mate in Glasgow but he can't make it. So i'll be the baldy bloke running out just before the end probably and running towards central!

09 Mar 2013 13:58

Superb yet again last night ! Really good crowd , great set and great to meet up again with folk off the forum . LadyDonnington really nice to meet you properly ! Hope the fun continued after I left ... Possibly some sore heads this morning I think !!!??????

09 Mar 2013 15:44

Wow, what a night! Great crowd in including lots of familiar faces! The lads were on top form belting out TB&P, its always great to hear Daisy Chain and Trainspotters!

Set list from second part of the night was:
Indie love song
The parson
Trust in the future
Each tree
How can I exist
Plenty times
Colours

Trust in the future gets more impressive with every live performance, right up there with the best ever Franks songs!

We polished off the rider and then a few of us headed to a club until it was nearly time for breakfast! I'm definitely one of those with a sore head today!

09 Mar 2013 20:10

Where did you end up Robbie? I'm looking for a decent club night to go out next month when my mate comes up. Sadly, the Garage is now shite on a Friday and only one I appear to have found so far is Propaganda at the ABC?! Which is OK I guess...

I actually, miraculously escaped a hangover today, really not sure how I managed that considering I was drinking on an empty stomach!!! Unfortunately I was shattered from lack of sleep instead :P

Was brilliant meeting up with you all finally and it was a awesome gig! Got some cracking shots, but I won't have time to upload them for another couple of weeks, but I'll post a link up when I do :)

09 Mar 2013 20:53

Robbie - You missed out "We Are The Frank and Walters".

A great gig. Sad there was no Indian Ocean, but suberb hearing the whole of the first album live

10 Mar 2013 13:47

AndytheScot wrote:Robbie - You missed out "We Are The Frank and Walters".

Aye, but wasn't that during the first part anyway when they were doing TBP? I've video'd that with a close-up of JHickey singing along! :D !! I might get the vids uploaded to YT before I do the pics as they don't need faffing about with! But not uploading before Thursday.... :p

10 Mar 2013 15:42

'We Are...' was between How Can I Exist and Plenty Times... But not on the actual setlist, maybe why Robbie forgot about it?

I had to check the order of the videos I took as I didn't spot PT on the setlist and thought they were about to do the Model (which they missed off, probably due to running very late!) so got video ready for that, but then they launched into PT instead (sadly, my video of this is truncated thanks to a mate messaging me 2/3 way through the song and stupid phone stopped recording it :evil: !).

10 Mar 2013 22:16

We ended up in the flying duck, they were spinning some good tunes until Chesney Hawkes came on! That was the end of the night so I guess they were trying to clear the place!

Looking forward to seeing the videos and photos!

10 Mar 2013 22:20

Robbie Williams wrote:We ended up in the flying duck, they were spinning some good tunes until Chesney Hawkes came on! That was the end of the night so I guess they were trying to clear the place!

Looking forward to seeing the videos and photos!

Ahh, I have heard of that place! Surprised you remembered what they were playing though if you had a sore heid the next day ;-) I shall look into it, cheers :)

Just having another look through the pics atm to select which ones I'll be uploading (being Queen of procrastination today!). Am very happy with them! Vids are a bit dark (& a wee bit shaky too!). Might start uploading them in the background later....

11 Mar 2013 15:50

Playlist of the 5 videos I took are here:

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLjjbeee1-o4Ko7sIehFr-gFzqBGmhgc7k

Converted them to B&W and was able to lighten them slightly thanks to YT\s snazzy new editing features! No idea if it's screwed up the quality tho. Let me know if there's any synch issues and I'll see if I can fix em :)

PT still uploading at present though.

11 Mar 2013 16:09

Does anyone have the order they played Trains in?

11 Mar 2013 16:40

AndytheScot wrote:Does anyone have the order they played Trains in?

John & Sue
Fashion Crisis
Trainspotters
Bake us A Song
High is Low
This is Not a Song
Walter's Trip
After All
Happy Busman
Daisy Chain
Time

Was actually pleased they played it out of order tbh; it meant I'd not worked out that's what they were doing until about halfway through the set cuz I'd deliberately not looked at the setlist, plus it makes a change from the 'anniversary' performances you usually get!

11 Mar 2013 20:43

Great night and good to see you folks there too. Thanks Lady D for posting the videos :D
Jx

11 Mar 2013 23:07

Brilliant videos LadyD !! .... Loving the black and white too. Luckily didn't see myself !

12 Mar 2013 22:20

You're definitely on some of the photies Steve, so don't worry about that! ;-)

Glad they appear to be playing back OK since it's not something I can easily check thanks to my ancient iMac :roll:

12 Mar 2013 22:37

Just looked up Flying Duck & see they host the 'Common People' night.... Talk about random coincidence, I met the girl who runs that between Belle & Seb and Pulp sets at Primavera in Barca 2 years ago!!

That's on the night I should be going out with my mate too and I'd been meaning to look up to see if that night was still running now I was up here.
I do like funny coincidences! :lol: